Our commitment to the environment stems from the Pragyaware's abiding concern for the environment and society, which is embodied in our Code of Conduct. We consider climate change to be the greatest threat affecting economic stability, vulnerable communities and the society at large. Our Climate Change Policy mandates that all the group companies assume leadership roles in climate change mitigation in the pursuit of business aspirations and enhancement of shareholder value.
We are in the business of providing IT consulting and services. Our environmental impacts result from our business operations globally and through the services and solutions that we provide our customers with. We regard climate change mitigation and environmental improvement as essential features of its sustainable business philosophy. We are committed to continuously benchmarking and enhancing our own environmental performance through the reduction of our carbon and ecological footprints with the involvement of our business associates and partners, thereby striving to be leaders in our industry sector. Through our services and solutions, we endeavor to help customers improve their environmental performance toward their sustainability objectives.
We aim to fulfill our environmental commitments through the following broad-level actions:-
- Integrate energy and environmental considerations in the design of new infrastructural facilities
- Improve resource efficiency in operations, especially for key resources such as energy and water
- Adopt the "3-R" (reduce, reuse and recycle) philosophy for all types of wastes toward prevention of pollution and dispose of "inevitable" wastes, especially electronic waste, in line with regulatory requirements or industry best practices
- Promote "green procurement" to the maximum extent possible
- Consider stakeholder expectations on our environmental performance in the design of infrastructure, operations, processes and solutions to the extent feasible
- Set, monitor and review objectives and targets on an ongoing basis toward achieving continuous improvement in environmental performance and the overall environmental management system
- Remain committed to complying with all the applicable environmental and related legal and other requirements and, wherever feasible, enhance the prescribed standards in all the countries that we operate out of
- Continue public reporting of our environmental performance and our contribution to climate change-related issues through relevant national and international forums and to other stakeholders through appropriate communication channels
- Communicate the environmental policy to all employees, business associates and other stakeholders and ensure that the policy is available to the public
- Review the environmental policy and allied management systems periodically to ensure their continuing applicability and relevance to our operations and evolving stakeholder expectations
- Strive to support various voluntary national and international protocols, conventions and agreements on environment protection and proactively engage with governmental and other agencies in driving future environmental policy and regulation
At Pragyaware, concern for the environment is integral to our business strategy toward sustainability, and we shall strive to fulfill all our environmental obligations and commitments toward being responsible global corporate citizens.